- Build a beacon-enabled app within 5 weeks’ time frame, just in time for the RetailWeek event
- Design a solution that could be quickly developed and deployed to attendees with iOS and Android devices
- Increase engagement with the audience, based on their location
- Allow organisers to self-manage the content for the event in real-time
- The Localz SDK was included in the existing Confui app, so that it could use beacons to trigger content in the event app.
- Localz placed beacons around the RetailWeek event venue (London’s Emirates Stadium).
- The upgraded event app allowed organisers to make last minute changes.
- Confui had a news feature on the app to give event organisers the ability to pre-schedule announcements and to send them via push notifications.
- Localz enhanced this feature by enabling news to be sent based on an attendee’s specific location, triggered by beacons.
- Other push notifications could be sent based on an attendee’s location at the event, such as welcoming attendees on their arrival, or asking them to rate a talk as they left a specific room.
- The app registered over 1,300 micro location interactions over the two-day conference.
- Delegates were kept informed with up-to-date news, based on their location.
- The solution enabled organisers to make last minute changes and update delegates straight away with push notifications.
- Increased engagement with the audience in real-time.
Retail Week says
“I was thoroughly impressed by how easy and quickly creating an app with Confui was. The level of support offered despite working across opposite time zones from both Localz and Confui was outstanding. The app looked great and added features such as the beacons added value especially for a tech event. I thoroughly recommend both and look forward to working with them again!”Event Organiser, Retail Week Tech and Ecomm 2014