John Lewis Click & Collect Challenge
As a 150 year old retailer, John Lewis had challenges providing the high level of service they pride themselves on, with their new Click & Collect service. Localz was asked to address the following:
- improve customers experience online and in-store
- cut waiting times for picking-up orders
- increase operational efficiency
Video of the award winning Localz Click & Collect
Localz Click & Collect Solution for John Lewis
Localz Click & Collect solution used location technology to streamline the collection process.
- A beacon was placed near the store entrance.
- Upon arriving at the store, customers with orders received an automatic notification to their device asking if they would like to collect the order.
- Once the customer clicked ‘yes’, staff were notified to locate and deliver the order to the collection desk.
- While the order was being prepared, the customer was guided to the collection desk via their device.
- When the customer arrived at the collection desk, the order was waiting for them.
Benefits to John Lewis
The Localz Click & Collect solution was a great success, providing clear improvements including:
- reduced waiting times for collection
- customers spend more time shopping rather than waiting in a queue
- track and improve staff efficiency.
John Lewis says
“Innovation is at the heart of John Lewis and JLAB, our first tech incubator, has given us a new way to explore the technologies that will change how we all shop in the future.”IT Director, John Lewis