Localz Last Mile improved DPD UK's last mile delivery service and increased first time delivery.
Your DPD, the mobile app from DPD, allows customers to track deliveries and update their delivery preferences. Localz Last Mile uses the latest in location technology to connect YourDPD users, enabling delivery to check whether a customer is at the provided delivery address, before reaching the destination. If a customer is away from home, they can reschedule their delivery in real-time.
- When a driver is on their final approach to a customer’s delivery address, Localz Last Mile looks up the location of the customer’s smartphone relative to the delivery address.
- Localz Last Mile checks whether the YourDPD app is capable of displaying push notifications at that point in time.
- Localz feeds that information back to DPD. If the phone is away from the delivery address, Localz informs the customer via mobile push or SMS so that the customer can update their delivery preferences in real time.
- If changes are made, the DPD driver is informed. The driver can then reschedule their delivery in real-time.
Localz Last Mile saves times and money by helping to reduce delivery costs and reducing SMS volumes. By knowing where customer are in real-time, the number of missed deliveries will decrease and first time deliveries will increase. Ultimately, the aim is to improve customer, satisfaction, as customers will be able to update their delivery preferences and not be stuck at home waiting for a delivery.
Localz Last Mile provides the following benefits to DPD:
- SMS cost saving
- Return delivery cost saving
- Reduced amount of missed deliveries
- Increased first-time delivery rate